Sunday, October 7, 2012

UBU Video Choices

My first choice is "Sisyphus" by Kay Rosen. At first it doesn't appear to be much. Just what appeared to be the same looking word popping up on screen. It is never spelled the same, but your mind makes you understand that somehow it is the same word. I was intrigued by this and the way that your mind can make something as simple as a misspelled word look right and look the same. So I am thinking about maybe either playing with the same word and having it appear in a different way, or trying to find another word like Sisyphus and play with the spelling.
http://www.ubu.com/film/rosen.html

My second choice is "Inflation" by Hans Richter. However, I really want to put my own spin on this one and show the different ways that money affects the lives of college students. Because gas prices have gone up it makes it more difficult for students to make it home to see their families. In a spin-off of this video I would want to show the different ways that money affects the lives of college students and the daily needs and wants that our money is going to. Just like in the video I would have the money pile up, along with checkbooks, and credit cards and then I would flash the things that college students spend their money on. Books, clothes, shoes, bills, baseball tickets, groceries, and just anything that we need and want. I want to put a very modern day spin on this video. http://www.ubu.com/film/richter_inflation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment